Being a parent is hard, but a strong bond with your child can make the hard parenting days a little easier.
- Be present with your child. Spending time together is a way to show your love.
- Remember you are your young child’s favorite person.
- Make time to play together every day, even if it’s 10 minutes.
- When you read together, make it cozy! Think about creating a special reading space.
- Read books that are fun, demonstrate positive problem solving, illustrate inclusiveness, and highlight empathy.
- Use books and/or favorite characters as a resource for acting out behavior issues through dramatic play.
- Share your emotions by talking together about how you feel.