A summer learning program for up and coming kindergarten students!
On to Kindergarten Camp is a summer learning program for up and coming kindergarten students with limited to no preschool experience (1 year or less). Taught by professional teachers, this camp helps prepare students and their parents for a successful start in kindergarten in a fun, safe environment.
The program focuses on basic kindergarten skills like recognizing shapes, letters, counting, writing their names, adjusting to a classroom setting and daily routines. The camp also teaches children important social emotional skills such as following directions and routines, working with peers and expressing emotions.
July 5 – 27, 2023
Monday through Thursday
10 AM to 2 PM
*camp is closed July 4th
- Children must be starting kindergarten in Fall 2023, with limited or no preschool experience.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Snacks will be provided. Children should bring their own packed lunch.
- A parent night will be hosted to share community resources and updates on their child’s readiness for kindergarten. Attendance is highly encouraged! Dinner and child care will be provided.
- Parents will be asked to complete a brief skill assessment at home (30 minutes total) prior to the start of camp. At the end of camp, parents will be provided a student report that outlines progress made on specific kindergarten readiness skills and ideas they can implement at home to keep the learning going.
There is no cost to families, thanks to grant funding from the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development.
Questions? Please email or call (907) 297-3300 for more information.