Introducing a new summer learning program for up and coming kindergarten students!
On to Kindergarten Camp is a summer learning program for up and coming kindergarten students with limited to no preschool experience (1 year or less). Taught by professional teachers, this camp helps prepare students and their parents for a successful start in kindergarten in a fun, safe environment.
The program focuses on basic kindergarten skills like recognizing shapes, letters, counting, writing their names, adjusting to a classroom setting and daily routines. The camp also teaches children important social emotional skills such as following directions and routines, working with peers and expressing emotions.
July 5 – 28, 2022
Monday through Thursday
10 AM to 2 PM
*camp is closed July 4th
The Playschool at St. Mary’s
2222 E. Tudor Rd.
Anchorage, Alaska 99507
- Children must be starting kindergarten in Fall 2022, with limited or no preschool experience.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Snacks will be provided. Children should bring their own packed lunch.
- Children who attend 85% of the camp will be given a $50 Amazon gift card.
- A parent night will be hosted to share community resources and updates on their child’s readiness for kindergarten. Attendance is highly encouraged! Dinner and child care will be provided.
- Parents will be asked to complete a brief skill assessment at home (30 minutes total) prior to the start of camp. At the end of camp, parents will be provided a student report that outlines progress made on specific kindergarten readiness skills and ideas they can implement at home to keep the learning going.
The cost of the 4 week camp program is $300. Limited scholarships are available to families in need. Tuition is due June 15th. There is no application fee.
Questions? Please email or call (907) 297-3300 for more information.
Registration is now open. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all spots are filled. Please allow 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed. Priority is granted to students with limited preschool experience. Space is extremely limited!
On to Kindergarten Camp
This camp was made possible by the generous support of our community. We want to thank The Playschool at St. Mary’s, Alaska Child Care Program Office, and Alaska Community Foundation for their contributions.