Now is the time to stand up for Alaska children by letting your state senators know how important early learning is to you.
2019 Public Policy Priorities
The Alaska Early Childhood Advocacy Group is working on its public policy and funding priorities for 2019 to help ensure all Alaska children start school happy, healthy, and ready to succeed. Our priorities focus on quality early care and learning, strengthening families, and community engagement and early literacy.
The Alaska Early Childhood Advocacy Group includes Best Beginnings, thread, Alaska’s Child Care Resource and Referral Network; Association for the Education of Young Children Alaska affiliates; the Alaska Head Start Association; the Alaska Infant Learning Program Association; Parents as Teachers State Office; and All Alaska Pediatric Partnership.
With Alaska’s 31st Legislative session underway, it is more important than ever that people who care step up to be an advocate for young children. To ensure all Alaska children continue to receive the resources they need to start school happy, healthy, and ready to succeed, stay informed!
- Sign up to receive email alerts regarding advocacy actions you can take to support Alaska’s young children. We’ll keep you informed and let you know how you can help.
- Contact your legislator. Legislators want and need to hear from the people they represent to know what’s important to their community. To find out who your U.S. Congress and Alaska State Legislature officials are, click here and enter your address (it is not necessary to provide your email address).
- Check back here for updates on Legislative actions that affect Alaska’s young children.
Find Alaska Legislators
- Legislators by District
- Legislator Contact Information – Senate | House
- Legislative Staff Phone List
- Legislative Information Office Directory