Alaska’s legislative session is underway. With difficult decisions to be made, your support for funding early childhood programs has been and will continue to be critical. Take action today and check this page often to get the latest news on this important issue.
We are about halfway into the first session of the 30th Legislature. The House and Senate Finance Committees are discussing the FY 2018 operating budget right now. There is talk about making more cuts, finding new revenue, and determining priorities. As the legislative session moves along, we will work hard to keep you posted about where things stand on funding and support for early childhood.
Here’s what you can do right now: write a note below sharing how early childhood programs are important to you and your community, and we will gather and distribute your comments and concerns to the Legislature.
Thank you for your help and support of Alaska’s children!
Follow us on Facebook to stay informed.
Here’s some information that will be helpful as you reach out to legislators.
- Best Beginnings FY 2016 Year in Review
- Best Beginnings Partners Map
- Imagination Library Enrollment Graph
- Public Policy Priorities for 2017 from the Alaska Early Childhood Advocacy Group
- AECAG Fiscal Plan Resolution
- Parents as Teachers 2017
- High Quality PreK Makes a Difference
- Child Care Eligibility and Rates 2017
- HeadStart Alaska 2017
Find Alaska Legislators (will be updated as soon as new information is available)
- Legislators by District
- Legislator Contact Information – Senate | House
- Legislative Staff Phone List
- Legislative Information Office Directory
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.