Our Story: Juneau Partnership for Families and Children (PFC) is a group of 20 non-profit and state agencies working together to promote a seamless web of support for young children and their families through shared, broad-based communication and support. Our vision is that all families with young children have access to community resources that support their health, growth, and development.
Medical Behavioral Health Committee – Masayo Nishiyama
Juneau Early Literacy Council – Dave Newton
Public Policy – Betsy Longenbaugh
Family Friendly Awards – Joy Lyon
Public Awareness – all of the above
Alaska Association of School Boards
Alaska Center for Resource Families
Association for the Education of Young Children – Southeast Alaska
Aiding Women in Abuse and Rape Emergencies (AWARE, Inc.)
Catholic Community Services
Communities in Schools
Juneau Family Health & Birth Center
Juneau Public Health Center
Juneau School District
Juneau Public Library
Juneau Youth Services
The Learning Connection
Office of Children’s Services
REACH Infant Learning Program
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
Tlingit Haida Head Start
United Way Southeast
US Coast Guard Work Life
US Army National Guard
- Parents As Teachers program piloted in Juneau enrolled 22 families serving 24 children ages prenatal to three years old.
- Year round collaborative public awareness campaign (“Be Extra Tough – Stay Dry during Pregnancy”) to reduce drinking during pregnancy.
- Established a system of professional development salary incentives for licensed child care programs in Juneau with the assistance of Juneau Economic Development Council. Initiative approved for two years funding.
- Hosted Early Learning Carnival at a local elementary with nearly all partner organizations participating and over 200 children attending.
- Implemented Strengthening Families Protective Factors throughout all PFC programs
- Hosted the annual Family Friendly awards at the Juneau Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
To get involved: contact Joy Lyon, email@example.com, 907-789-1235.