With lots of families spending more time at home together, it may feel like every week now is the week of the young child. However, there’s one particular week in which we pay special attention to young children, their families, and the early care and learning programs and teachers that support them. The Week of the Young Child is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This year it falls on April 11-17, 2020.
- Playing with Music at Home
- Support Math Readiness Through Music
- Sing With Me Baby!
- 10 Ways Babies Learn When We Sing to Them
- Message in a Backpack™–Make Animal Music
Work Together Wednesday
- Five Essentials to Meaningful Play
- Making at Home
- How to Support Children’s Approaches to Learning: Play with Them!
- 10 Prop Boxes for Ideas: Mini Learning Centers at Home
- Message in a Backpack™ Family Field Trips: Museum
- Meaningful Art Projects Parents Can Fit Into a Busy Day
- Supporting the Development of Creativity
- Am I Really My Child’s First Teacher?
- Explore the Great Outdoors with Your Child
- Message in a Backpack™–Bubbles