It is easy to make music a part of your daily life. Even if you don’t like the sound of your singing voice, remember that your child will love it.
- Sing whenever you have a chance. Make specific songs correspond to routines during the day (bath time, diaper changing, bedtime) – this will help make transitions easier.
- Make up silly songs. Change the words of favorite songs. Add your child’s name to songs. Replace words with sounds or humming.
- Play recorded music during the day, in the car, as you get ready for the day.
- Find the rhythm of music by clapping, dancing, or swaying to the sounds.
- Sing books based on songs (Jane Cabrera has a ton!)