This is the part of our newsletter where normally we would send recommendations for books you can read with your child that explore our monthly topic. However, with libraries closed across the state, we would be remiss to not acknowledge that access to the books we recommend might be harder to come by this month.
So instead, we suggest digging into your home library and re-reading your favorite books. If you’re still hungry for more or different books, here are some ways to access free online books:
- E-Books from the Alaska State Library – available with a state library card.
- Storyline Online – your favorite books read by actors.
- International Children’s Digital Library – offers digital stories in many different languages.
Check out these virtual storytimes:
- Virtual Storytimes for Kids – various places and times.
- Character Storytime by Enchanted Alaska – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11 AM AKST on Facebook. Follow them for additional bonus storytime announcements.
- Virtual Storytime with Alaskan Natasha Price – daily at 7 PM AKST on Instagram
Other fun virtual activities:
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems! New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET and then remain online to be streamed afterwards.
- Alaska Club PE Join Ben every Monday – Friday @ 10:30 am AKST on Facebook for a fun class to keep your kids moving.