Strong families are a powerful defense against child abuse. Since April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, Best Beginnings and several other Alaska organizations have teamed up to engage parents and communities in ways they can prevent child abuse and strengthen families. It’s called Strengthening Families Alaska Style.
We can prevent child abuse and neglect. Here’s a chance to do your part:
- Listen to radio spots airing statewide all this month.
- Print the poster shown here and hang up copies in your work place or business.
- Have young children? Fill out the Family Check-In on the tip sheets and try out the activities.
- Distribute the tip sheets to parents, grandparents, and others who care for children.
- Check out the Strengthening Families Alaska Style website.
Strengthening Families Alaska Style is a joint effort of the Alaska Children’s Trust, Best Beginnings, thread, AEYC-SEA, the Resource Center for Parents and Children, and the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services.