Website: Success By 6
Chair: Gena Graves, GGraves@covenanthouseak.org
Our Story: Success By 6 (Sx6) is a partnership of more than a dozen agencies and other individuals in the Anchorage area who recognize the importance of early care and learning for Anchorage’s youngest children.
Our vision is to connect people and resources in support of young children and their families so Anchorage becomes a community in which all young children ages 0-5 begin school ready to learn. A key strategy the partnership uses is continual community engagement, with particular focus on building the Partnership’s cultural diversity.
Partnership Development & Sustainability – Gena Graves
Community Cafés – Margaret Kossler
Imagination Library – Amy Simpson
Ready for Kindergarten – Thelma Snow-Jackson
Workplace Family Friendly Awards – Melinda Meyers
United Way of Anchorage
Programs for Infants & Children, Inc.
Anchorage Chapter – The Links, Inc.
Anchorage School District
Kids’ Corps, Inc.
Alaska Literacy Program
CCS Early Learning
Child in Transition/Homeless Project
- Launched the Success by 6 website to connect with parents and community organizations
- Coordinate successful Ready! for Kindergarten programs with the Anchorage School District and community partners for three years running – learn more »
- Coordination with Anchorage Imagination Library
- Organize annual Workplace Family Friendly Awards
- Regular volunteering in our community and with North Star Elementary
To get involved: contact Gena Graves, 907-227-2357 or GGraves@covenanthouseak.org.