BOOK TITLE: Only You
AUTHOR: Rosemary Wells
SUMMARY OF BOOK: Baby Bear shows the different activities he and his mother do together. His mother makes him feel so loved. Download this Activity Sheet in PDF
The Imagination Library edition includes some wonderful tips on reading to toddlers, but here are some others. Try questions such as these:
- On the cover: What are the bear and his mother doing? Have we ever done that? What other kinds of things can we stack up?
- Does their house look like ours? Do their clothes?
Ask these questions:
- The bear and his mother are cooking; what do you think they’re making? When we cook, what do we make?
- Talk about music, about ways to make music. Sometimes it’s by blowing, sometimes by pounding, sometimes by rubbing. “How do you make music?”
- Talk about art. Sometimes it’s by painting, sometimes by wood carving, sometimes by sewing. “How do you make art?”
Here’s an activity to extend book experience:
- Try cooking with your child, “just like the bear and his mother.”
- Talk with your child about the different things you like to do with each other. 3. Mark the charts in the front and back of the book every time you do one of the things together.
Compliments of: Rasmuson Foundation
Created by: Students at the University of Alaska Anchorage